Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

11.14.2006

A Clash of Rembering the Titans

All of a sudden, Titans is a popular name.

Sure, people know of the NFL's Tennessee Titans--and before they were around the dominant Cal State Fullerton Titans baseball program, but now suddenly Titans is the "in" name.

Take, for example, the new team in the National Lacrosse League, the New York Titans. Ironically, the New York Jets were originally called the Titans.

But, it's not only an American thing. Next season, the Australian National Rugby League's newest team will be the Gold Coast Titans.

Don't forget there's also the Trenton Titans of the ECHL.

I don't know why I'm making these connections. It's late and I'm driving to Marysville in the morning. So I think I'll end it right there.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a longtime Cal State Fullerton fan, I know there was a time when the Titans wasn't such a cool name. A friend who never left his grade-school humor behind frequently teased me back then, emphasizing the word spelled out by the first three letters. I must admit there were times when I wished we were the Bears or the Wildcats.

    Times have changed. I wouldn't change the name for anything -- with the possible exception of the Jimmies (Jamestown College, North Dakota).

    By the way, don't you think it is ironic that you grew up in a tiny little blogging town?

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Robert said…

    It's "logging." No "b."

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I know. It was a joke.

    Guess I never left my grade-school humor behind, either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home