Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

10.16.2004

And kids, this brings me to my next point: don't do drugs.

I got this email in response to my column on bad bicyclists. I would like to respond, but honestly, I have no clue how to respond to this.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion. I just happen to be a
bicyclist and wanted to give you a couple of things to think about. Have you
ever considered that reason(s) for riding on the left side (against traffic)
of the street can be because: based on the condition of the street it may
be best/safer for the rider to go against traffic; some bike riders with
darker skin (like myself) would prefer to see what a vehicle is going to do
(based on the fact that there is an extreme amount of racism out here) versus
possible problems from a vehicle that is behind the bike rider. Of
course, the bicyclist is supposed to ride with traffic, but people in vehicles
who are whining about a bike rider "rollin'" against traffic should just
shut the hell up an act as if the rider were the same as a rider on your (or
someone else's) side riding with traffic. After all, whether a rider
is present or not, you still need to stay out of bike lanes. You stated
that you didn't know what a bike rider might do (swerve towards you, etc.)
while riding against traffic. Hello! What are you being guaranteed from a
bike rider on your side that is riding with the traffic? Not a damn thing,
they can run into you as well. Again, all bike riders should ride against
traffic but sometimes it is better not to. As for your metal rod (to
swat at riders), I ride all over Redding and would love for you or someone
like you to pull that "crap" with me. I will embrace it and commence to
"whoopin some ass" if any vehicle tried to do anything to me while I'm on my
bike and I don't give a damn what lane I'm in.


You heard it here, folks! Riding dangerously against traffic helps prevent hate crimes in Northern California!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger JesusFreak84 said…

    Um, how do you get those links in the right side of your blog there? I want to set something like that up here, but I can't find how to do it.
    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home