Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

4.29.2005

The dilema...

...So, I interviewed for Internship #1 today. Drove an hour in the morning, wore some sort of pants besides jeans or jean shorts. Didn't have dress shoes though, those got left up in The HC. Internship #1 is at a small 6 days a week publication in a city of 13,000. That's the population of the town, not the circulation. Lasts six weeks, 40 hours a week, pays a $500 stipend, plus mileage when on assignment (for you math gurus, that'll be just over $2.08 an hour). I'll write two stories a day, shoot my own photos, do some pagenation, and maybe even get to tinker with some Web work.

I also applied for other Internships. Internship #2 is the shortest drive, 7 days a week, lasts ten weeks, pays an hourly salary, and will have me filling in on different beats every day.

Internship #3 is a drive distance in-between #1 and #2, a 3 day a week publication, no clue what it pays or what I'll be doing.

Now, I haven't heard anything form #2 or #3. But I did interview for #1 today. They offered it to me on the spot. I have one week to hear back from the other papers before I have to give my decision to #1.

So, this will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home