Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

4.19.2005

Paperese

New term I saw on The Orion feedback recently from some of the more vocal, abrasive, and strangely anonymous critics of The Orion: "fish wrap."

Now, before anyone feels moved to give me a stirring lecture on British culinary traidition ("Wow, you can boil those, too? I had no idea!"), I know what the hater-oners mean by that, and I know it's intended to be insulting. But come on folks, this is America! Fish and chips are served in plates or plastic baskets here, just like everything else.

Although, I do remember when I was back at College of the Siskiyous, one of the many chefs that wound up running the food service served fish and chips in newspapers. I actually did read it, but I can't remember if it was comics or classifieds.

Anyways, just found it funny. But let's be serious. If you want fish wrap in Chico media, there's plenty of copies of the Synthesis to go around.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude!! How can you bag on the synthesis?!? They are waaaaaay better than any paper in town. Its the only paper not controlled by the Man.

    Your whack.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Robert said…

    First, it's "The Man" and not "the Man."

    Second, it's "You're whack" and not "your whack."

    Third, they started this shit. I'm just firing back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home