Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

11.08.2005

Snail mail lives up to its name.

There's been a real problem with mail service lately.

It seems as though not everybody in the US Postal Service believes our street address exists. My roommate's dad had a package returned to him, even though he wrote the address and ZIP right.

When my mom sent me mail, it took a week to get delivered.

But, it finally hit a high level this past week(s), when it took nine days for my absentee voter information to be delivered to the Siskiyou County Clerk's office.

So, I decided to track the overall speed.

Distance from my house in Chico to the clerk's office in Yreka= 177.3 miles
Taking nine days to get there, distance travelled per day= 19.7 miles
Divide that by 24 hours= 0.82 mph

But, it's not totally snail mail, as this page lists the average spped of a snail at 0.03 mph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home