Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

4.30.2005

My Schedjumahull

So, Chico State decided, in honor of my final semester (nah, not really) to renumber all the classes to totally screw up every students that's already been enrolled in school. So, there is no longer the old system of classes numbered under 100 being intro classes, classes in the 100s being major-oriented, classes in the 200s being advanced major-oriented, and classes in the 300s being graduate courses. Nope, now the first number denotes what year you should take the class-100s are for fresh--er, first-year students, 200s sophomores, 300s juniors and 400s seniors.

So, of course that's going out the window with me. :D Here's what my schedule looks like at the moment--what I'm taking. But this schedule is going to change.

ENGL 353 (Multicultural Literature)
JOUR 355 (Internet Newspapers & Magazines)
JOUR 428 (Politics & the Media)
KINE 296 (American Sports in Film)

The kinesiology class is on there just to give me 12 units until I'm enrolled as an Orion editor, which will be 3 units plus the cash (*grin*). I'll be dropping that because I don't want too many units and I hate night classes.

I hear good things about the Multicultural Lit professor. The Internet News professor will be new here after being a grad student at Purdue, but she did come in an teach one of my Public Affairs Reporting class this fall when she was applying for the position, and she did a pretty good job. The Politics professor is pretty popular, but I've told he's a wee bit of a hardcore liberal.

Me. And a liberal professor. In a politics class. There's a chance we could wind up getting along really...[sarcasm]GREAT!!!![/sarcasm]

1 Comments:

  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger JesusFreak84 said…

    I had that same problem in one of my classes here. The head of the Political Science department here pretty much would call Bush the anti-Christ, but that would mean believing in Christ.

    The numbering system you're going to now is what my school uses, though the numbers in the Theology department are pretty arbitrary {sp?} since there are no prerequisites for anything.

    They renumbered all the Computer Information Systems classes here just as I'm starting my major, making it rather confusing when I talk to current students in that discipline. Oye...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home