Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

12.13.2006

Moving--Monday

So I woke up at my apartment in Chico early Monday morning (about 6 a.m.), not out of nervousness, but because I had inevitably fallen behind in packing my stuff. My uncle was coming in two hours and I still had a few boxes to fill.

I was able to get most of it by the time he showed up. He had a trailer in addition to his truck, which we wound up needing for my furniture, even though I wasn’t taking all I had in there with me.

On that note, my apologies to Mr. Corey Thompson, as myself and Nick were unable to fulfill his final request for his computer desk.

Anyhow, by 10:30 my uncle and I were on the road to Yuba City, leaving behind just a few items from my closet and walls and some of my cleaning supplies. We passed a rather nasty accident above Gridley. I mean u-g-l-y. That sports car didn’t have a front end anymore.

I have this note on getting stuff into my Yuba City apartment: If you thought just having to pack your crap was bad, wait until you’re moving it up a flight of stairs. Sucks major.

Needless to say, I was thankful when my aunt came up from Sacramento about an hour after my uncle headed back to Redding. I let her handle that one job I didn’t want to do—organizing the kitchen—while I took care of my bedroom.

I did get a compliment from my aunt on the quality of my apartment, which was important considering she was also doing the spy job for my mom. I forgive her, because she alerted me to the fact there’s an IKEA in West Sacramento (more on that to come.)

At this point, I was turning stiffer than David Duke at an Al Sharpton speech if I sat down for more than five minutes at a time. But I was so tired I didn’t want to move.

Yet I still wound up going to Target and buying two floor lamps, primarily because my bedroom had no lighting.

The 10 o’clock energy boost hit, and I wound up staying up to watch Headlines. (well, there’s that and I had to do laundry because I had no clean clothes for work the next morning)

Thus ended Day 1 in Yuba City. More exciting stuff to come.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home