Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

12.23.2006

An airing of grievances...

Today is the 23rd. This is, technically, the proper day for the celebration of Festivus, even though the Festivus party I went to was last night, where this happened, as filmed by KZ. (you can see me in the background laughing)

But, it would not be a proper celebration of Festivus if I did not participate in the Airing of Grievances. So, here they are:

*My first grievance is against the State of Oregon. Some of us don't mind pumping our own gas.

*My second grievance is about the near-impossibility to watch rugby or Australian Rules Football on television in the United States. Come on, people, it's worth it.

*My third grievance is directed to Ken Grossman. As I have recently relocated from Chico, please explain to me how, in 40 miles, the price of a six-pack of your beer goes up by more than a buck.

*My fourth grievance is directed to television news. It really annoys us newspaper folks when you're late to everything. Please be more punctual.

*My fifth grievance is directed to human biology. This issue of needing at least six hours a night to sleep is a bunch of crap. It would be very useful if I could spend some that time doing things like laundry. Couldn't it be something like three hours a night?

*My sixth grievance is directed to myself, because I'm already feeling tired of grievances and I'm stopping now. Have some more fortitude from now on!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Keith Campbell said…

    Hi,
    While browsing Blogger found your grievance reference to Aussie Rules footy on US TV.
    Setanta Sports PPV picked up the US coverage for the 2006 season just gone.
    They ran on a trial basis 1 game per week LIVE. This was extended into the Sept finals also live.
    For 2007 Setanta and the AFL are negotiating at the present time. If Setanta picked up enough new subs it is likely they will do it again.
    Check this US site out for more info
    http://www.afana.com/drupal/
    Also checkout my blog on International
    News about the game.
    http://fourth-quarter.blogspot.com
    Cheers,
    Keith Campbell

     

Post a Comment

<< Home