Robert's House of Hamsters

Somewhere between Sacramento, the Oregon border and that tingly feeling in your toes.

12.20.2006

Rum ba bum bum...

If there's one Christmas song that's always stuck out in my head, it's "The Little Drummer Boy."

I have multiple versions of the song to listen to on my computer and it's constantly been in my head for the last few days. I personally recommend the versions by Audio Adrenaline (because they're the best band on the planet) and Lonestar. (went Celtic and bluegrass with it, a double plus)

I think this song is on my mind for two reasons:

First, the theme. Here a bunch of kings giving these lavish gifts which don't really hit them hard in the pocketbook, while this poor kid gives what he can as well and it's all good.

Second, it reminds me of Happy Camp. At my old church back home, it was a regular Christmas event for John Bergen to perform "Little Drummer Boy" a capella. I think the notion of home is fairly strong for me this Christmas, since I'm working on it. Even though I'll still be getting to see my family, it's in Sacramento and not Happy Camp. So there's still something missing.

Anyways, here's to the ox and lamb keeping time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home